Friday Fixat10ns: Midnight Madness

[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/5004039″]

Midnight Madness is tonight! Taking place in McDonough Gymnasium, there will be performances by a bunch of different performing groups (GU Jawani, Groove Theory and the GU Step Team, to name a few). Marking the beginning of the basketball season, Midnight Madness is also bringing a performance from Trey Songz! In honor of both the special musical guest and the overall pumped-up atmosphere, this week’s Friday Fixat10ns has both the amped-up tracks and the jammin’ R&B that Trey (we’re on a first-name basis) has perfected.

“Na Na” – Trey Songz

From his latest album, Trigga, “Na Na” is super catchy and is a great showcase for Trey Songz’s buttery voice. Seriously, it’s so beautiful.

“Who Gon Stop Me” – Kanye West & Jay-Z

A perfect song to give you that extra ego boost, whether you’re finishing up a paper or you’re in a packed room cheering on our Hoyas.

“Remember the Name” – Fort Minor

The throwback pump-up song. Who else remembers sitting in high school pep rallies and mixing up which percentage was with which reason to remember the name?

“Can’t Hold Us (ft. Ray Dalton)” – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

No matter whether you’re the athlete or the spectator, listening to this makes you feel like nothing can bring you down.

“Wild for the Night (ft. Skrillex)” – A$AP Rocky

Really puts the NIGHT in Midnight Madness.

“Can’t Be Friends” – Trey Songz

And another hit from our featured performer, Trey! The low-key crooning/finger-snapping combination is a quick and welcome break from any Midnight Madness-induced adrenaline rush.

“All Me (ft. 2 Chainz, Big Sean)” – Drake

While this title isn’t really suggestive of “being a team player,” whether you’re on the court or off, sometimes you just have to take a quick second to appreciate your own accomplishments.

“Pony” – Ginuwine

Ginuwine, a close musical cousin to Trey Songz, also has a killer voice. This song could go on forever and I’d never notice because Ginuwine’s singing is distracting me.

“Stronger” – Kanye West 

Cuh-lassic.

“I Believe I Can Fly” – R. Kelly

Okay, this might be coming out of left field, but bear with me. If this isn’t the ultimate pump-up track AND slow jam, I don’t know what is. With lyrics like, “If I just believe it, there’s nothing to it”, if you don’t believe you can fly after listening to this then you are cold and dead inside. No offense.

After getting pumped up with and simultaneously getting down to this playlist, make sure you head to Midnight Madness tonight! Doors open at 7 p.m. and the event ends at 10.

Photos: sportslogos.net, wikimedia.org, rap-up.com