Friday Fixat10ns: No-Shame Weekend

Friday Fixat10ns: No-Shame Weekend

[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/1196755″]

Anytime during the reading week you’re not studying, the feeling of guilt from not preparing for your exam is hard to get over. This is your playlist for the last go-hard, shameless weekend before diving into your studies. These are the songs you want at your pre-game, party, and post-game. Throughout all of the playlists that I have made, I’ve tried to mix up the music styles. I did no such thing here. I put every song that I could think of that I would want to hear on a no-shame weekend. Go ham.

Billboard – S-Type Start your night off right; you don’t have many left in this semester.

Blow Up – J. Cole Just trying to start off the pregame with a couple of hype songs that aren’t too smilar. Let J. Cole bring you slowly into your no-shame weekend.

21 Questions – 50 Cent I’ve realized that a substantial number of pregames and parties here at Georgetown don’t have a lot of dancing. I blame it on the playlist; turn to the 4E for your dancing needs.

M.A.A.D City – Kendrick Lamar ft MC Eiht I tried so hard to avoid this album… but it’s too good, so I couldn’t resist. You’re listening to the future, here. You’ll tell your grandchildren where you were when you first listened to Kendrick the weekend before finals.

Loca People – Sak Noel After the pregame comes the party. Dancing’s gotta be everywhere you go this weekend, so start the party off with a bang. This tune is a sure thing when it comes to getting people  to loosen up and dance. Spanish always gets me in the mood: “Viva la fiesta/viva la noche/Viva los DJs” Good thing I’m bilingual: Viva la noche de no shame

Mercy – G.O.O.D. Music “White girls politicking/That’s that Sarah Palin” – there’s no shame in this playlist, so no need to be politically correct. There are so many reasons to play this song at any party. It’s always a touching moment to see everyone in the party going in on last word of the first few lines of the Pusha T verse… “Plus , yo, my bitch makes yo bitch look like Precious” (I don’t think Kanye really got the moral of the movie)

Big Spender – Theophilus London ft. A$AP Rocky Don’t tire out just yet — Theophilus and A$AP are a couple of New York City rappers that can bring any party to the next level. If you don’t got the cash to bump to this song, just pretend; it’s likely that nobody at the party gets bank. If they did, they wouldn’t be sipping on Sour Apple Burnett’s.

I Love My B*tches – Rick Ross Rick Ross really needs to rethink his position on women and reflect on the effects that these types of songs could have on the youth of the nation. At the same time, this song is catchy as hell, so LET’S DANCE.

F*ckin Problem – A$AP Rocky ft. 2Chainz, Drake, Kendrick Lamar “Yeah, I got finals/I got a f*cking problem” – never said by these four.

School Spirit – Kanye West Maybe it’s best we don’t turn to Kanye for moral support during these hard times: “Told ’em I finished school, and I started my own business/They say, ‘Oh you graduated?’/No, I decided I was finished/Chasin’ y’all dreams and what you’ve got planned/Now I spit it so hot you got tanned/Back to school and I hate it there, I hate it there/Everything I want I gotta wait a year, I wait a year/This ***** graduated at the top of my class../I went to Cheesecake, he was a **********ing waiter there”

Words of encouragement from the great Yeezy himself. Education is the future.