Friday Fixat10ns: One and Done

[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”https://8tracks.com/mixes/3730198″]

March Madness is in full swing, and while I know it’s a touchy subject on this campus, at least we can be assured of one thing: Georgetown will never be considered a “one-hit wonder” of the NCAA Tournament.  However, in honor of the schools that you will never hear of again once March is over (what’s up, Mercer), here is a compilation of some of the greatest one-hit wonders of all-time.

Take On Me- A ha! One of the more reputable karaoke songs ever, it’s a shame A ha! couldn’t find success beyond Take On Me.  It’s such an upbeat song!

No Rain- Blind Melon I wish we didn’t have any rain.  Lucky you, Blind Melon.

Come On Eileen- Dexy’s Midnight Runners Another song that just about everyone can sing along too.  They’re like a prototypical March Madness Cinderella team: everyone remembers the song that they sang (or the games they played), but no one can ever remember their name.

Here In Your Arms- Hellogoodbye There is something oddly catchy about this 2000’s one-hit wonder.  And there definitely an emphasis on “odd”.

Out Of My Head- Fastball Short, sweet, and to the point, Fastball’s moment in the sun lasts just over two minutes, but the chorus is instantly recognizable.

Stacy’s Mom- Fountains of Wayne Show me someone who claims to not like this song, and I’ll show you a liar.  Fountains of Wayne gets extra points for the music video for this one.

Bittersweet Symphony- The Verve The success of this song was overshadowed somewhat by legal issues, but there are some KILLER strings in here.

Walking in Memphis- Marc Cohen I don’t know if walking in Memphis is as awesome as Marc Cohen makes it seem, but this song really makes me want to visit.

Dancing in the Moonlight- King Harvest Looking for a great song to dance to at a party, but don’t want to listen to rap or hip-hop? I’d like to try and see you sit still with this song on.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s- Deep Blue Something While I didn’t see the movie, I certainly can sing along to this song.  So what about breakfast at Tiffany’s?

Photo: changemakernetwork.edublogs.org