(Saturday) Fixat10ns: Really Nice Weather

Friday Fixat10ns: Nice Weather from thehoya on 8tracks Radio.

This was the first week since May where you didn’t start sweating immediately after you walked outside. And even though this lack of sweat was a completely foreign feeling to me — especially after having spent an oppressive summer in D.C. — I couldn’t get enough of it. The crisp mornings and evenings of fall are upon us. But it’s still warm enough to wear shorts and tanks everywhere. So, to commemorate the most awesome weather ever this week, I’m dedicating this week’s fixat10ns to this spell of crisp mornings, sunny afternoons, refreshing breezes and mildly chilly nights.

Sunshine — Matt Costa How could one not want to listen to this song on a day like today?

Morning Now — That Ghost I’m mildly upset with myself that I only just discovered this song a week ago, even though it’s been out for six months. It’s a beautiful song.

We Own the Sky — M83 Like all M83 songs, this is a great morning song. But it only works if you’re emerging into a beautiful day.

Paradise — Coldplay In stark contrast to the rest of the summer, this past week sure felt like paradise.

Wilson — The Salvadors This song probably doesn’t really fit in this mix. I just listened to it a lot in the springtime and so I thought I should include it.

Sky — Joshua Radin feat. Ingrid Michaelson If I could have one person serenade me, it would be Joshua Radin with this song.

Dirty Paws — Of Monsters and Men I’m totally obsessed with this song. Warning: this song is so beautiful that it will make you so happy you might start crying.

Hell of a Season — The Black Keys These guys are pretty great. This song is appropriate, also, as we are approaching the best season of them all.

Deep Blue — Arcade Fire The sky was very blue this week. Also Arcade Fire rocks. I listen to their newest album on repeat.

Out of the Blue — Julian Casablancas After making lots of great music with The Strokes, Julian Casablancas made his own album like two years ago and it rocks.