On Your Radar: Music and More

GUDC Spring 2024 Performance: “ECHO” 

Can you hear that? It’s the ECHO of a great show you’ll think about the entire weekend after you come to see the Georgetown Dance Company’s concert Feb. 16 and 17, from 8-9:30 p.m. at the Gonda Theatre. Featuring 11 works by students, faculty and guest artists, the concert will explore the concepts of memory, movement and community through a variety of dance styles.

WGTB Spring Concert

Are you ready to rock? Georgetown Radio is throwing its Spring Concert this Saturday, Feb. 17, from 7-10:00 p.m. in Bulldog Alley. With featured artists such as Ahmad Anonimis and Hannah Jadagu, this concert will bridge both R&B and bedroom pop in a stunning culmination for every student to enjoy. 

38th Annual One Act Festival 

Are you more theatrically inclined? Fear not, because the 38th Annual Donn B. Murphy One Acts Festival will be occurring this weekend as well, with performances in Poulton Hall from Feb. 15-18. Come down to see three original student-written one-act plays!

4th Annual Lower Georgia Chili Cook-Off

You have officially entered into the “…and more” of Music and More: this Sunday, Feb. 18, from 2-4 p.m., head down to Midlands Beer Garden for their annual Chili Cook-Off. While it may be hosted by a beer garden, don’t let the name fool you — this event is open to everyone, regardless of age. This year, 11 local restaurants will compete for the People’s Choice Award of Chili — yes, that’s really an award —  come cast your vote and taste some delicious chili for free, this Sunday!