Sunday Night Wrapup: We Survived Hurricane Sandy!

Well folks, it’s safe to say that this week has been a doozy. We’ve seen two days off from classes, Halloween Weekend Round 2, some of the biggest names in a capella all under one roof… and most importantly, we’re still alive to talk about it. In case you were living under a rock this week, here’s everything you need to know to get you up to speed:

Hurricane Sandy ravaged the east coast early this week, leaving 8 million without power as a result of destructive wind, torrential rain, and heavy snow. Damage was especially prevalent in New Jersey and New York, where swells reached a record 32.5 feet in New York City. Damage is estimated at $50 billion, and you can click here for more information on relief efforts and how you can help.

Halloween is finally over! [Insert sigh of relief.] After two weekends of costumes, candy, and themed parties, it’s time to finally start preparing for Thanksgiving! Aside from the ubiquitous cat and uniformed Catholic schoolgirl, here are this year’s top costumes: Heroes, Zombies, Honey Boo Boo, Big Bird, The 1%, and Mitt Romney’s Binders of Women!

DCAF, or the DC A Capella Festival for those of you who haven’t heard, came to town this weekend, bringing in some of the most amazing harmonies since Beyoncé and the gang were at it in 2000. If you couldn’t make it this week, don’t fret. DCAF will be at it again next weekend, so keep calm, get your tickets here, and prepare for your ears to find Jesus.

Last but not least, the 2012 Elections are coming down to the final stretch. You might feel like this girl, or you might be as happy as this baby, but either way, Tuesday is coming and it’s kind of a huge deal.

Hopefully you got your extra hour of sleep, Hoyas, because it’s been big week. And from the looks of it, it’s only going to get bigger!

Photo Credits: Heavy.com, Realitynation.com

Costume Statistics: FoxNewsLatino, The TODAY Show