Refusing to Rest on Our Laurels

To our readers:

It is with great excitement that The Hoya’s new staff and I present to you this first print issue of our term.

As always, our main goal is to serve you and to do so to the fullest. Under the leadership of my predecessor, Eamon O’Connor (COL ’12), this newspaper made tremendous strides over the past year toward furthering that mission. We continued to engage the community, established an improved online presence and expanded and refined our print coverage.

But my message today is that we are not finished. We take pride in what The Hoya has achieved, but we will not rest on that foundation. We will instead push forward, innovate and raise the standards by which we measure our success.

Change, in a variety of ways, is on the horizon. In the weeks and months ahead, we will be reaching out to you through new channels and informing you in more comprehensive ways with all the tools at our disposal. We will continue to increase our sense of responsibility and accountability both inside and outside of our offices, and we will persist in our efforts to connect with the community.

By building upon the benchmarks we have already met, we hope to serve you better than we ever have. As we progress, we welcome your thoughts and encourage you to let us know how we’re doing.

My door is always open.

Connor Gregoire (COL ’13)

Editor-in-Chief