WOMEN’S BASKETBALL | Four Big East Games to Be Televised

Georgetown’s women’s basketball team will host eight Big East foes at McDonough Arena this season, including last season’s national semifinalist Connecticut on Jan. 9, the conference announced Thursday.

The Hoyas, who had previously released their nonconference schedule, will see four of their conference games televised, including three on the CBS Sports cable network.

First-year Head Coach Keith Brown will make his Big East debut on Jan. 5 in an away contest at Providence. Four days later, the aforementioned UConn will visit the Hilltop in a game that has been sold out in recent seasons.

After that tough challenge, the Blue and Gray hits the road for its next two games, playing at Syracuse on Jan. 12 and at Notre Dame on Jan. 15. The game against the Fighting Irish will be carried live on CBS Sports.

Georgetown’s next game, a home matchup with Seton Hall on Jan. 19, will also be televised, this one on the Big East Network. On Jan. 22, the Hoyas will travel to Piscataway, N.J., to take on Rutgers in another game that will air on CBS Sports.

A two-game home stand that includes Pittsburgh on Jan. 26 and Cincinnati on Jan. 29 will follow for the Hoyas, who will travel to Louisville on Feb. 2 and to St. John’s a week later on Feb. 9.

Georgetown gets a shot to beat Syracuse in McDonough Arena on Feb. 12 before hosting Villanova on Feb. 16. A rematch with Pittsburgh follows on Feb. 23.

The Blue and Gray then take on DePaul on Feb. 26 in what will be the team’s final televised game of the regular season.

Georgetown closes things out with home games against Marquette on March 2 and South Florida on March 4. The Big East tournament, held at Hartford’s XL Center, begins on March 8.

Tip times for Georgetown’s entire schedule will be announced later.