Hollis Thompson Declares for NBA Draft

Junior forward Hollis Thompson will forgo his senior year at Georgetown, choosing to declare for the NBA draft, Head Coach John Thompson III announced today.

“Hollis returned for his junior year after submitting his name for the 2011 NBA draft,” Thompson III said in statement released by the university. “We fully anticipated he would enter the 2012 draft after this season.  He is an extremely hard worker and we wish him the best as he takes his next step.”

Thompson finishes his career as Georgetown’s all-time leader in three-point field goal percentage with a 44 percent mark. He ranks 12th all-time with 128 three-pointers made.

The 6-foot-8 Thompson led the Big East this season in three-point field goal percentage with a 43 percent clip, and recorded 12.8 points and 5.5 rebounds, starting every game for the Hoyas.

Most mock drafts list the Los Angeles native as being selected either in the late second round of the 60-pick draft or not at all.

Thompson arrived as a Top-70 recruit in 2009, choosing to forgo his senior spring semester of high school so that he could enroll a semester early at Georgetown and practice with the Hoyas.

Thompson’s departure leaves the Hoyas with no senior scholarship players for next season.