Hoyas Cap Off Fall Season

The Georgetown University women’s golf team finished their fall schedule competing in the Lady Pirate Intercollegiate on Oct. 11 followed by the Tribe Invitational this past weekend.

The Hoyas finished 13th out of 16 in the Lady Pirate Intercollegiate, which was held at the Greenville Country Club in Greenville, N.C. The team shot 77-over par, 929 overall, after finishing with a 29-over par, 317 in the first round, a 14-over par 302 in the second round, and a 22-over par 310 in the final round.

Georgetown’s top performance came from junior Eunae Jo, who finished 35th with a 16-over par 229.

Junior Joan Dulieu also finished strongly with a third round score of 75(over 3). She tied for 54th.

Sophomore Jordan Redfield and freshman Alice Choi finished 66th and 69th, respectively.

Freshman Audrey Dalton, who finished 80th, carded a 28-over par 241.

At the Tribe Invitational, which was held by William and Mary University and held at The Hollows Golf Course in Montpelier, Va., the Hoyas finished sixth out of the 11 teams that competed at the 36-hole, two-day event.

The Blue and Gray carded a team total of 312 on the first day of play and followed up shooting a 317 on day two.

Again, Jo was the Hoya’s top performer tying for seventh overall and shooting a 77(over 6) on Saturday and a 74(over 3) on Sunday.

Dulieu shot 4-over par 75 during her first round and 7-over par 78 in the final round finishing 13th overall.

Finishing 15th, Choi shot a first round 77 (over 6) and a 7-over par 78 on day two.

Dalton and Redfield finished 43rd and 50th.

“Our team scores are lower than last season so we’re showing improvement, which is definitely a positive. We’re looking forward to the future,” Coach Patty Post said. Post and the team will resume competitive play in March 2011.