Swimming & Diving | Rescheduled Dual Meet Ends in Split Results

The Georgetown swimming and diving team hosted Drexel on Thursday night at McCarthy Pool in a dual meet. The women’s team toppled Drexel by a score of 168-127, while the men’s team ended up falling 177-122.

Georgetown was originally scheduled to compete against Rider on Friday afternoon and Drexel on Saturday, but due to the poor weather conditions predicted for the weekend, the Drexel meet was pushed up to Thursday afternoon, and the remaining Friday meet was cancelled.

The women’s team placed first in nine events, including a strong opening performance from the quartet of junior Katie Duncalf, senior Erica Fabbri and sophomores Haley Owens and Bailey Page in the 200-yard medley relay. The squad edged out the second-place Drexel medley team by less than a second.

Junior diver Sarah Jaklitsch won both the one-meter and three-meter diving contests with scores of 199.87 and 219.07, respectively.

The men’s team won three events during the meet, including the last event of the evening, which featured three Georgetown 400 freestyle teams closing out the top three places of the event to earn a collective 17 points.

The Hoyas’ next competition will take place Feb. 13 when they host the Providence Friars for senior day at McCarthy Pool. In the meantime, the team will continue to prepare for its final regular-season meet and the Big East championships, which are in late February.