4E’s Favorite Leo’s Yelp Reviews

leos yelp reviewsEver since Georgetown announced its new plans for Leo O’Donovan dining hall, campus has been abuzz with excitement, anticipation and more than a few questions. Will lines be longer? How will Georgetown complete all of the renovations in just one summer? Who are those people in the model photos?

Whatever questions you may have, we here at 4E hope to help by compiling some of our favorite lines from the Leo’s Yelp page in support of the dining hall’s promising future.

Our first review comes from Lissa B., who in 2014 gave Leo’s one star, although like fellow Yelp-er, Rebecca, she wishes she “could give Leo’s 0 stars.” Lissa has more than a few complaints. She writes, “Most days after dinner I would get really horrible chest pains.” We’re sorry to hear that, Lissa!

Lissa also doesn’t fail to remind readers of Leo’s history of food poisoning: “Leo’s was responsible for poisoning a large amount of students in the fall of 2008… Unbelievable.”

Our next review comes from Andrea L. in 2015, who does not give a glowing recommendation. “Everything tastes like [poop]. Do not eat unless you’ve been starving for five weeks. DO NOT eat!!!!!” If you couldn’t tell by the 5 exclamation points, Andrea L. really does not want you to eat at Leo’s. Thanks for the pro-tip, Andrea.

Katia G. takes a more generous approach to her 2014 review, giving Leo’s 2 stars. She explains, “Two stars because I imagine prison is worse.” (Perhaps not, Katia G., as Aramark supplies food to prisons as well.) Katia does give a shout-out to the great Leo’s workers that 4E so greatly appreciates, saying that “The people who work here are adorable.” Katia’s review does end on a sour note, in which she describes the lower floor of Leo’s as “hell.”

Despite giving Leo’s a total of three stars, Hall W., a self-proclaimed college dining hall connoisseur of sorts, describes Leo’s as, “pretty terrible” in his 2016 review. In the review, Hall W. complains of long lines, “blah” food, and “flies floating in the drinking area.” Hall W. does however, provide a list of pros in his review, such as the “great view” and, of course, the “vast amount of ice cream options.”

Rebecca Y. begins her 2010 review with a similar approach to Katia G., as she writes: “If hell was on earth, Leo’s would be it. If hell had a gatekeeper, Anna at the Grab&Go station would be it.”

Rebecca goes on to give a lengthy 8 paragraph review rant about the quality of Leo’s food, which she tops off with the following remark: “Thank you so much, Leo’s, for failing health inspection every year, giving us norovirus and a host of other food-borne illnesses, robbing me of the nutrition and quality of food I need to get me through a tough day of classes/studying, and producing this nasty stench that clings to my clothes forever and ever.” There, there, Rebecca Y., we’re here for you.

Well, there you have it folks. If these Yelp reviews don’t make you excited for the new Leo’s, I don’t know what will.

Gifs/Reviews: giphy.com, https://www.yelp.com/biz/leo-j-o-donovan-dining-hall-washington-2