Best Bets: And the Turkey Looms

The lyrics to the song “Home” by Edward Shape and the Magnetic Zeros have a particularly nice ring to them these days. Finally, only one weekend separates us from that long sought after day of inhaling mashed potatoes and stuffing. We have only to endure a few more essays before packing up our bags with a dream and a cardigan and heading back home. This weekend, there are various events we should keep our eyes out for that will make time fly faster and begin prepping us for the holiday seasons.

Thursday: Honor our Veterans

>Thursday, November 15 | 3:30-4:30. Copley Lawn. Come honor our veterans, some of whom may be our friends here at Georgetown. For those of you who are new to the area, come witness a patriotic and emotional event for many who have dedicated their lives to the betterment of your future

Friday: A Civil War Christmas, Dance Company Performance

>Friday, November 16 | 6pm-8pm Gonda. Theater Come watch The Nomadic Theater’s musical inspiration, A Civil War Christmas. Get into the season a little early with a story that begins on the Eve of Christmas in 1864, in the midst of a country teeming with war.

>Friday, November 16 | 8pm Walsh Building; Black Box Theater. Georgetown University Dance Company. Come wiggle along in those dancing shoes that have been pent up in your closet.

Saturday: A Civil War Christmas: An American Musical Celebration, 8pm.

Sunday: Graduate School Turkey Bowl; Civil War Christmas at 2 pm.

>Sunday, November 18 | 4:30pm-8pm Kehoe Field. Come get down and dirty and watch the first year grad students take on the second year grad students at Kehoe field. The game is followed by a traditional Thanksgiving meal and all proceeds go towards Habitat for Humanity. Tickets are $10.