DPS Blotter

Thursday May 5, 2011

Drug Violation, Harbin Hall, 12:37 a.m.

While conducting a check of the area, DPS noticed a smell similar to marijuana coming from a room. The room was occupied by two males who were later identified as GU students. The students admitted to having marijuana earlier. A plastic baggie containing an unknown substance and a glass pipe was confiscated. The unknown substance tested positive for containing marijuana. This case has been forwarded to student conduct.

Burglary, New Research Building, 7:19 p.m.

An employee discovered that his office had been burglarized; the unknown suspect stole an undetermined amount of US currency. There were no signs of forced entry. This case is under investigation.

Saturday May 7, 2011

Theft, Village C West Loading Dock, 3:23 a.m.

An unknown person stole several bicycles from a storage area. The bicycles were secured with a chain and lock. The suspect removed the lock and bicycles. No suspects or witnesses have been identified. This case is under investigation.

Theft, Wolfington Hall, 2:32 p.m.

DPS received a report of a stolen laptop. The laptop had been left in the front seat of an unlocked vehicle. The vehicle was parked near Wolfington Hall, while the occupants of the vehicle were in O’Donovan’s. No suspects or witnesses have been identified.

Monday May 9, 2011

Assault-Simple, Village C West, 10:31 p.m.

A GU student received a wrist injury after being pushed by another GU student. GERMS arrived, the patient refused to be transported to the emergency room. This case has been forwarded to student conduct.

Tuesday May 10, 2011

Theft, Red Square Bicycle Rack, 6:15 p.m.

A student reported that he parked and secured his scooter onto the bicycle rack. The student went to class. Upon returning nine hours later, he found that his scooter was missing. No suspects or witnesses have been identified.

— The blotter is compiled weekly by the Department of Public Safety.