DPS Blotter: March 4

Wednesday, Feb. 23

Theft, Southwest Quad Parking Garage, 8:46 a.m.

A parking pass was stolen from an employee’s personal vehicle. The employee entered the garage at approximately 6:30 a.m. with his pass displayed. When he returned at the end of his shift at approximately 3:15 p.m., the pass was gone. No suspects or witnesses have been identified.

Thursday, Feb. 24

Theft, ICC, 9:50 p.m.

An unknown person stole a bicycle that was secured to a bike rack. The owner of the bike stated she secured the bike at approximately 8:30 a.m. The bike was left at the rack while she attended classes for most of the day. When she returned to retrieve her property, she discovered that someone had cut the cable lock and stolen the bike. No suspects or witnesses have been identified.

Friday, Feb. 25

Theft, Village A, 1:54 p.m.

A pair of sunglasses and cash were stolen from a dorm room. The student stated the theft occurred on an unknown date in February. There were no signs of forced entry. No suspects or witnesses have been identified.

Saturday, Feb. 26

Drug Violation, LXR, 12:03 a.m.

A report was filed regarding a suspicious smell in the area. A check of the area resulted in finding an unknown substance and drug paraphernalia, and a male identified as a student admitted to smoking an illegal substance in the area. The substance tested positive for containing marijuana. This case is being reviewed by student conduct.

Assault-Simple, Epicurean Restaurant, 12:18 a.m.

A couple attending a party on campus was assaulted by an unknown male. He slapped the male in the face and punched the female in the nose. The suspect fled the scene after the assault. He was later apprehended on 36th Street NW by MPD. The suspect was brought back on campus by MPD and he was identified by the couple. The assailant was barred from campus; the couple declined medical attention and returned to the restaurant. The two males and one female involved in the fight were not GU students.

Monday, Feb. 28

Theft, Leavey Center, 5:51 p.m.

An unknown person stole a bike secured to a bike rack. The owner used a U lock to secure her bike to the rack on Feb. 18 at approximately 1:00 p.m. She passed by the rack approximately three hours later and her property was still in place. When she returned to retrieve her property on Feb. 28, both the bike and the lock were gone. No suspects or witnesses have been identified.