Best Bets: Study Style

Well, Hoyas, we have good news and bad news. The good news is classes are done. The bad news is that finals haven’t even begun. That means that it’s time for papers, coffee, studying, (raging?), Lau, Lau, and more Lau. If you happen to surface out of your reading hole and into the real world in the coming days, here are some of our Best Bets for the weekend, study style.

Saturday:
If you have a free moment (read: free afternoon), mosey on down to Washington Harbour (a.k.a. the Georgetown waterfront) and spend some time at the brand new 11,800 square foot ice-skating rink. For $9 entry and a $5 skate rental, you’ll get bang for your buck at the rink—did we mention it’s bigger than the one in Rockefeller Center? Skate your way to happiness, kids.

Free at night? Don’t forget to stop by the Gonda Theater in the Davis Performing Arts Center to catch the final performance of A Civil War Christmas. It’s wintertime fun without even having to step foot off campus. Only $8 for students.

Sunday:
Didn’t see the Christmas tree lighting in Dahlgren Quad? Excited about Christmas trees in general? Stop by the Prez Rez at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and check out The White House Christmas Tree, a 40-foot Colorado blue spruce that has made D.C. its home since 1978. Also be sure to check out the nearby Pathway of Peace,” 56 smaller, decorated trees representing all 50 states, five territories, and the District of Columbia. Traveling to see these trees will definitely “spruce” up your study days. “Fir” sure. It’ll be “tree-ific.”

Sorry not sorry about the tree jokes. We hope to see you out in the coming days. If not, we’ll see you at Lau. Sadly.

Photo: Washington Harbour