DCTC: Hitting Up Adams Morgan

Screen Shot 2013-02-11 at 3.28.12 PM

If you’ve been following our DCTC posts over the last couple of weeks (which is a given) then you’ve already mastered the art of getting to Dupont Circle using the G2 MetroBus (Hint: click here if you want a refresher).

Well, now it’s time to break off from Dupont and head to a new world filled with wonder: Adams Morgan.

The easiest way to do this is to take the 42 MetroBus (Mount Pleasant Line) that leaves from NW Connecticut Ave & Q Street NW, which is right by the G2 stop or by the Dupont Circle Metro stop. The bus takes less than six minutes to get you to your destination. Check out this schedule to see what times will work for you.

Cost: $1.60 with a SmarTrip card, $1.80 without. Be sure to have exact change!

Or, if you’re up for it, the walk from the metro is about 15 minutes and nearly a straight shot to AdMo. You just follow 19th Street until it merges into Florida Ave., and walk up 18th street until you hit Adams Morgan!

Now that you’ve arrived, let the fun begin!

Amsterdam Falafel Shop: 2425 18th St. NW If you’re not looking to spend too much on a meal, which as college students is pretty much how we feel most of the time, Amsterdam Falafel Shop is a great option. Their awesome vegetarian menu compensates for the small size of the place.

Mama Ayesha’s: 1967 Calvert St. NW Check this place out if you’re in the mood for some Middle Eastern food. Customer favorites include the pomegranate martinis and lamb shank. Eat up!

Casa Oaxaca: 2106 18th St. NW If you’re in the mood for some authentic Mexican food, try Casa Oaxaca. Their pozole soup, made with chunky vegetables, hominy corn, lettuce and mushrooms, is sure to satisfy.

Pleasant Pops: 1781 Florida Ave. NW Wi-Fi, Popsicles, lattes and a cute space, what else could we ask for? Come here to get a sugar high to keep you whirling through that midterm workload.

Las Canteras: 2307 18th St. NW My personal favorite is Las Canteras, but maybe that’s just because I have a soft spot for Peruvian food. Try their ceviche!