Georgetown Universityā€™s Newspaper of Record since 1920

MARCH MADNESS: Wisey’s Sandwiches Round 1

See full bracket and resultsĀ here

Chicken Madness Gangsta Wrap

Welcome to the third installment of 4E’s March Madness. Let’s get right down to business. Whether it’s a sunny, spring March day or a blustery winter evening, one thing iscertain: Wisey’s is delicious. Today’s March Madness contenders are the best of the best on the Wisemiller’s Grocery and Deli menu. Which sandwiches will rise to the top of their mouth-watering bracket? Which will fall short? Let’s find out. Our first matchup for Wisey’s Sandwiches: Chicken Madness vs. Gangsta Wrap.

(Scroll down to see the second matchup)

It might seem impossible to take down Chicken Madness, the mother of all Wisey’s creations…

2321551065

…but Gangsta Wrap, with its turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and parmesan pepper dressing just might be up for the challenge.

Chicken-Madness-Gangsta-Wrap

Or maybe not. How can you say no to this? So good, it’s “madness.” See what I did there?

1951HatterĀ But how can you say no to something so “Gangsta”? (Note: In no way does Tate Tucker officially endorse “Gangsta” Wrap, but he does make some pretty amazing “gangsta’ rap” … I immediately regret using that term but WISEY’S MADE ME DO IT.)

Screen-shot-2011-07-24-at-9.41.10-PM

Then again… how can you say no to these ingredients?

Chicken Madness: Slices of chicken grilled hot and sweet peppers, onions, cheese, bacon and mayo.Ā Hear the Hallelujah chorus yet?

1349486667715.cached

When it comes to Wisey’s, Chicken Madness is and will forever remain a beacon of culinary design and a Georgetown staple, making it an obvious frontrunner in this bracket. Can the Gangsta Wrap achieve an massive upset? Who will continue on to March Madness glory (and into my belly)? ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE! Vote here:

[cardoza_wp_poll id=12]

———-

Burger Madness Hot Chick

Onto the next one! This round looks to be a close one, folks. Part two of our Wisey’s Sandwiches Showdown: Burger Madness vs. Hot Chick.

Our number two pick is the not-so-ugly step-sister of Chicken Madness: Burger Madness. Same madness, more beef, more mayhem.

l

But Hot Chick is looking to spice things up … with cayenne pepper and parmesan pepper dressing. Bam. Game changer?

cayenne_pepper

However, Burger Madness coincides with March Madness. (Here’s a bracket in case you need one.)

images

But I mean, who doesn’t like hot chicks?!

1305363256687

Especially this Hot Chick?MV5BMzY1NTAzNTA3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDA5Mzc3._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_

Then again, there’s always the Burger Madness’ sweet, savory goodness.

BURGERMDDNES-LOGO

Who will be the winner of Part 2? Will it be the beefy Burger Madness or the spicy Hot Chick? Who will make it on to the next round? Why am I salivating so much? IT’S UP TO YOU! (Except the salivating part. That’s not up to you; that’s just because Wisey’s is delicious.)

[cardoza_wp_poll id=13]

Photo: Burger Madness; Yelp; IMDB; Hot Sauce and Salsa; The Daily Beast, Mogi Beats; Alice and Wonderland Wikia; Head, Heart, and Hand; Team Rankings