The Ultimate Guide to Adams Morgan

adams morganYou live in Georgetown, so you have probably been to every single place around M Street. You have probably gone to some places in Dupont and visited the National Mall a couple of times. Still, you feel that there are lots of places you still have to visit, or that you always go to the same spots.

I’m here to show you what your next eating, happy-houring or partying destination will be: Adam’s Morgan. A diverse and exciting neighborhood, it has streets full of lively and unique bars and restaurants. It’s the definition of fun!

Our Picks:

1. Madam’s Organ This 4-leveled bar is amazing. There’s karaoke, live bands, billiard tables and a roof deck. Go there prepared to drink (cheaper than Georgetown prices guaranteed) and to dance all night long while singing your lungs off!

2. Bossa Small and dark lit, this buzzy bistro and lounge is perfect to visit with any kind of party. The friendly musicians and live bands personally embrace every visitor, making them feel as if they, too, formed part of the band. Last time I went, the drummer of that night’s live band was from my country of origin, and he started singing some of my national songs. He even invited one of my friends to drum beside him (see the picture below). It was a crazy good time.

So hipster
So hipster.

3. Soussi If you are looking for something more chill, this one place is perfect for beers, shisha and moroccan food. Very dark and relaxing, it has long sofas where you will want to lie for hours just talking about life.

4. Southern Hospitality Last, but not least, this place has incredible original mojitos and delicious chicken and waffles! Much more relaxed than the other bars, it’s  perfect for happy hour.

Bonus points: After all this dancing and drinking, you will be in need of some good food. Stop by Julia’s Empanadas, where they serve freshly made, very spicy empanadas. If you are not a fan, then The Diner is open 24/7 and serves every kind of food. I recommend the cheese fries, but I cannot really tell how good they actually were (at 3 a.m., everything tastes like glory). The best part is that all of these locations are on the same street!

So, next time you are thinking of going to Rhino, Bodega or the restaurant you go to every single weekend, think twice and discover someplace new: Adams Morgan!

Photos: lifeafterannandalehigh.blogspot.com; Guest Writer for The Hoya