My Easter in Selfies

isanybunnyhomeAs we all come back to campus from Easter break, I’m sure everyone will have plenty of stories to tell about all the cool things they did and the fun they had. However, some of us (myself included) opted to stay on campus for the weekend rather than go home. Why, you might ask? I asked myself that every day for the five-day break. So for those of you who were off enjoying home-cooked meals, dyeing eggs and taking advantage of the warm weather, I thought I’d provide a little insight into how the other half lives. We may have been all alone this week, without even Leo’s food to help drown our sorrows, but we did celebrate Easter in all its glory. And what better way to capture a super-fun solo Easter than cell phone self-portraits? So here, my friends, is a chronicle of my Easter break, in selfies.

Like all good breaks, I started off watching an abundance of Netflix:

IMG_1368 Don’t pretend to judge me. I know you were catching up on all of your shows this week too, only I didn’t have my parents around to nag me about being so lazy. I was also given Easter candy by my parents: IMG_1348 … which I proceeded to shove in my face. Again, I know you all did this too. Don’t pretend you don’t love eating those chocolate bunnies and pink Peeps. IMG_1346 I got a visit from the Easter Bunny!! IMG_1351 And yes, I just happened to be in a CVS at the time. … The Easter Bunny also left me eggs in surprising places: IMG_1369 Only the eggs I hid for myself weren’t dyed because I have no food dye … and I may have stolen this egg from my common room. Later, I ate a hearty Easter brunch: IMG_1366 My meals this week consisted of peanut butter, apples, peanut butter, bananas, peanut butter and, you guessed it, peanut butter. With Leo’s and the Corp closed, my meager sustenance came from previous Grab-and-Go swipes. On Sunday I went to church: IMG_1364 (1) OK, fine, that’s a lie — I took a selfie outside Dahlgren. But I did think about going to church … and that’s got to count for something, right? All in all, my week consisted mostly of naps, Netflix and no one to share in the Easter spirit. After being abandoned on campus for five days, I can’t wait for class to start again (just kidding). But seriously, I’m definitely going home for break next year. IMG_1367Alright, I may have exaggerated a little. Georgetown wasn’t really a desolate ghost town. Although there weren’t many students around, there were plenty of adults and prospective students who gave me weird looks as I took selfies around campus.

Photos: Sydney Bolling/The Hoya