Holiday Spirit in Dahlgren Quad

dahlgren

With the Pumpkin Spice Latte being gradually replaced by the Peppermint Mocha as the drink of choice for all basic Georgetown students, one can tell the holidays are slowly taking over campus.

The advent of the holiday season means a lot will be happening at Georgetown in the coming weeks. There will be the RHO rush of care packages, the themed happy hours, as well as the many wonderfully planned activities sponsored by various Georgetown administrative offices and student groups!

One of 4E’s favorite festivities is happening this Friday, Dec. 5 at 5 p.m. in Dahlgren Quad: the Lighting of the Georgetown University Christmas Tree!

The Georgetown University Department of Performing Arts, the Mask and Bauble Dramatic Society, and the Office of the President invite all members of the Georgetown community to convene this Friday night for some good times and holiday cheer.

Here is a breakdown of what you can expect on this jolly night:

1. The actual lighting of the tree. Dahlgren Quad is the most picturesque spot on campus in the winter and the only thing to make it better is a ginormous, glowing tree right in the middle of it.

20111202 Web_0091
Gorgeous, isn’t it?

2. Hot cocoa and snacks. Georgetown doesn’t skimp when it comes to holiday cheer. There will be snacks and hot cocoa served to all of the people waiting outside throughout the event’s activities. Life doesn’t get more delicious than hot cocoa.

3. Mask and Bauble’s performance of “A Christmas Carol.” Come and see the incredibly talented dramatic society put on this Christmas classic. I’m sure it will live up to the fond memories of your awkward 8th grade self hopelessly stumbling through Tiny Tim lines in English class. Or was that just me?

4. Holiday music. Various Georgetown musical groups will be showcasing their talents through classic holiday hits. You can bet the 4E bloggers will be performing our group interpretive dance to Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You.”

5. Temperate DC winter weather. Although weather.com says it will be a nice cool 45 degrees this Friday night, based on recent trends, that could easily change to 75 degrees. Nothing screams “holiday” like a 0% chance of snow and the ability to rock a t-shirt to the event.

So get ready for tons of Georgetown themed holiday cheer!

Photos: alumni.georgetown.edu; tumblr.com; college.georgetown.edu/collegenews/celebrating-faith-at-georgetown.html