Excuses to Procrastinate Preregistration

Do you want to start worrying about what classes you’re taking next semester when you haven’t even finished midterms? Do you want to take five classes but only get into two of the five? Do you want to have 1738105 tabs open on your computer at once as you navigate MyAccess, Rate My Professors, and more?

Welcome to preregistration, Hoyas, because why register when you can PRE-register!

Here are the best excuses to procrastinate this daunting process, which tests even those who are well versed in the course catalogue and professor ratings:

“Still waiting on that Epi quesadilla I ordered at 1:30am”: How am I supposed to fill out my preregistration on an empty stomach? If you’re looking to diversify your purchases a little bit, click here.

“Trying to figure out the right way to go up the steps in front of Henle”: If you’ve ever tried to walk up these steps without looking awkward, you have failed. These steps force you to calculate your every move, something that takes up your precious preregistration time.

You probably look like this...
You probably look like this…

“Recovering from Georgetown Day”: Still missing: GoCard, room keys, dignity. If you didn’t lose something, did you really do Georgetown Day right?

“Waiting on my laundry to dry”: NEVER use dryer A4, you will have do a minimum of three cycles to dry your clothes. Honestly, you’d be better off wringing out your clothes by hand.

“I’m busy searching through my friends’ Facebook wall posts from 2009”: There is something so tempting about bringing up dirt from the middle school era. We were all different people then: people we don’t want to admit ever existed. It takes a long time to delete our own embarrassing posts, another reason to delay your preregistration.

“I never reset my MyAccess password so I can’t login anymore”: Passwords on passwords on passwords. There is no way to do anything if you can’t login, and for some reason, we have to change our passwords quite frequently.

“It’s happy hour somewhere”: Don’t pregame preregistration. This is more of an excuse to drink do something more than an excuse not to do preregistration, but whose counting?

happy hour

May you not get any of your first choices (because that lessens the chances I get mine)!

Photos/Gifs: giphy.com, hilariousgifs.com