Another Reason We Love Bradley Cooper

Bradley CooperToday, actors Michael Douglas and Jared Leto have come under criticism for their strange and possibly homophobic acceptance speeches during the Golden Globes award ceremony last night. Their comments came as a bit of a shock, considering both had been honored for playing prominent LGBT roles.

While accepting his Golden Globe, Douglas, who earned the prize for his portrayal of the piano icon Liberace in Behind the Candelabra, said, “Being the paranoid actor that I was, I thought maybe I was mincing a little bit in the part that I was doing.”

Leto also made some awkward statements during his acceptance speech. Referring to getting his body waxed to play a transgender woman named Rayon in Dallas Buyers Club, he remarked, “I’m just fortunate it wasn’t a period piece so I didn’t have to do full Brazilian. Ladies, you know what I’m talking about; and so do some of you men, I think.”

When hearing Leto’s statement, many ceremony attendees let out a chuckle. Bradley Cooper (COL ’97), however, had a different reaction to the inconsiderate comment:

bradcoopgif
Bradley is not impressed.

His reaction just gives us another reason to think Bradley Cooper is so awesome: He doesn’t like weird digs to the LGBT community.

To read the full story and see both Douglas’ and Leto’s full acceptance speeches, head over to Slate.com. To see more Bradley Cooper, watch him in American Hustle, which won last night’s Golden Globe for Best Picture – Musical or Comedy.

Or, who knows, maybe you’ll even see him around campus…

Photo: JustJared.com; Gif: Slate.com via NBC