A Guide to #Basic Halloween Costumes

Halloween-Pumpkin-PicturesWell Hoyas, Halloween is almost here! In just a few short days all of the festivities will kick off for a weekend full of fun. Now, while many of you are probably stressing about the impending doom of midterms finding the perfect Halloween costume, Jane Hoyas across campus seem to have had their costumes ready for weeks. Why is this, you may ask? Well, that’s because they’ve resorted to wearing some variety of the most overused, #basic college costumes there are!

This lack of creativity isn’t to be overlooked, however, as many of these costumes actually say a lot about the person who opts to wear them. In order to help you understand the true meaning behind these basic costumes, 4E has compiled a list of costumes you’re more than likely to see this weekend and what they say about their wearer.

1. Cheap Alcohol: You enjoy the finer things in life like top shelf liquor and boxed wine, which is exactly why you spent so much time putting your costume together. I mean, who else would be bougie enough to rock cut up card board boxes and plastic bottles? Extra bougie brownie points go to those of you who draw your inspiration from Sunset Blush Franzia or Pink Lemonade Burnett’s.
  2. Police Officer: You’re very concerned about the safety of your fellow Hoyas this weekend. In the event that SNAPS or DPS isn’t able to make it to Brown House to break up the party, you’re ready to step in for them. Just ignore anyone who tries to tell you that your plastic badge and handcuffs don’t give you any real authority, #peasants.
  3. Playboy Bunny: You’re just planning ahead for a future career. You know, in case that Georgetown degree doesn’t end up working in your favor.
  4. Mathlete: You take your studies incredibly seriously. I mean, you are a Georgetown student after all! Unlike all the Playboy Bunnies out this weekend, you plan on ending your night alone in your favorite cubicle on Lau 2. Nothing says “Happy Halloween” quite like getting ahead for all those upcoming midterms.
  5. Vampire: You believe that Bram Stoker is a true literary genius, so you use Halloween as an excuse to emulate Dracula. As an added bonus, you’ll seem totally edgy with fangs and fake blood!
  6. Black Cat: You honestly see yourself as a future cat lady, but you’re probably too shy to openly admit this. Instead you hide behind your painted on whiskers and cat ears, and embrace your spirit animal for one night out of the year. Alternatively, you may just be the most uncreative person ever.

Photos/Gifs: survivingcollege.com, tumblr.com, happyhalloween9.com