Best Bets: An Artistic Weekend

This week, Sandy granted us two extra days of moseying around lazily in our pajamas drinking mochas and here we find ourselves once again blessed with days that don’t have classes. Though this weekend may not be bustling with as many activities as last weekend’s Halloween, there are still campus and Georgetown-wide events we should all keep our eyes peeled for:

Friday: “Housebound” opening reception

Friday, November 2 | 6pm-8pm Heiner Contemporary (1675 Wisconsin Ave, NW) Come celebrate an exhibition that examines the concept of domestic space, with artwork by Rachel Farbiarz, Bella Foster, Allison Gildersleeve, Allison Reimus, Ann Toebbe and Augusta Wood. These artist’s works tackle various definitions of “home”.

Saturday: The 2012 Lombardi Gala and DC’s A Cappella Festival and Day of the Dead

Saturday, November 3 | 6pm-8pm Red Square, Reiss, Copley Crypt. Just cause Halloween’s over doesn’t mean the fun has to be! Come celebrate Day of the Dead, a Mexican holiday. Partake in a fun holiday that allows us to celebrate our family members and friends who have passed.

Saturday, November 3 | 6pm, Washington Hilton Hotel. Here’s a chance to give back to the community and exercise your altruistic side. The 26th annual Lombardi Gala benefits the Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. The event is a black-tie dinner for all of you fancy schmancy people. All proceeds go to cancer research, and I should mention that there is an opportunity to win a 2013 Lexus automobile.

Saturday, November 3 | 7:30pm, Gaston Hall. If you’ve seen Pitch Perfect recently, you’re fully aware of the fun of college A Cappella. Whether you’re a singer yourself, or enjoy watching people with capable vocal chords, this event will certainly be enjoyable for those who attend. Hosted by the Phantom’s and the GraceNotes, this annual concert will feature a range of songs everyone can bop to. Tickets are $8 for students.