Best Bets: Homecoming Style

Well, it’s that time folks. The weekend is now upon us, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner has been grilled harder than a GUGS burger, and all is well with the world. Thus bears the question: what to do, what to do?

Well, if you haven’t heard already, it’s Homecoming, people! So get out your day-drinking flasks, because this weekend is about to get crazier than Honey Boo Boo after chugging her Go Go Juice. There’s a lot to do in the coming days, so here are some events that you probably don’t want to miss:

Friday:

Everyone who’s anyone is going to be attending the Mr. Georgetown Pageant in Gaston Hall watching The Hoya’s very own Jonathan Rabar take the competition’s coveted title. This year’s Pageant theme is the Hunger Games, so you best believe that it’s going get wilder than District 11 after Rue dies. Tickets are $10 in advance and $13 at the door; doors open at 7 p.m. and the Pageant begins at 7:30 p.m. Believe me, if you attend Mr. Georgetown, the odds are going to be ever in your favor.

Saturday:

Homecoming Tailgate. McDonough Gym Tent. 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Be there or be square. Actually, be there or be worse than square. Be there or be a big fat ugly rhombus. $15 in advance for students or $25 at the door.

Then, Homecoming Game. 2 p.m.  Multi-Sport Field. Brown is going down. Enough said. Get tickets here.

Oh, and for all of you hipsters who think Homecoming is too mainstream, try Gaia. The sell-out production features video art, choreography, DJs, live musicians and cuisine, all created around earth-inspired themes.

If you’re still unsure about your Saturday night, just go to DayGlow (now, “Life In Color”) along with everyone else in the universe. On second thought, don’t go to DayGlow. It’s just not okay.

Sunday:

If you aren’t nursing a hangover, writing 6 papers and cramming for your midterms, check out Daylight @ New York Avenue Beach Bar. Admission is free, but you have to RSVP. It’s sure to be a blasty blast, featuring burritos, margaritas, and a ton of house music. Oh my.

Last, but definitely not least, Gotye’s here! Go and see him before he’s just “Somebody That You Used To Know.”

Happy Homecoming, Hoyas!