Best Bets: The Last Weekend

It’s the last weekend before most of us will be living in Lau studying for finals so we have to go out with a bang, and there is plenty to do this weekend to make sure that happens. See what you can do before study days set in and your biggest adventure is finding a free cubicle.

Friday:
It’s Georgetown Day so obviously no one will be leaving campus! Take full advantage of all of the hard work that the Georgetown Day Committee has put into planning a great day for everyone! Make sure to stop by Red Square and Healy Lawn at 12:00 p.m. for tons of free food and participate in lawn games on Copley Lawn. Have a fun (and safe!) day!

Saturday:
If you are up for it after Georgetown Day, be apart of the D.C. Challenge: The Ultimate Urban Scavenger Race this Saturday at 1:30 p.m. After you have completed the challenge, enjoy a huge festival at the finish line with food and drinks, live music, and outdoor games. If you need any more incentive, you could win $500 for first place.

Sunday:
Go see local favorites Ted Leo and the Pharmacists this Sunday at the Black Cat, located at 1811 14th St NW. Doors open at 8:00 p.m. and tickets only cost $15! This concert will be a celebration of the tenth anniversary of the release of the band’s album The Tyranny of Distance, and it is sure to be a great time!

Photo: Flickr user ACL Festival