Best Trader Joe’s Wines

It’s time to ditch the Charles Shaw. Here’s a list of some potential new favorites (if you’re 21, of course)!

1. Blue Fin Chardonnay & Pinot Noir, $3.99
    Chardonnay is a pale straw gold color with aromas of lime, melon and some faint oak. It tastes of pears, warm oak and a touch of cinnamon and is finished with a mellow oakey pear taste.
  2. Secco Mango Mangocini, $4.99
    It comes to us from Germany, where they begin with Trebbiano grapes. The supplier makes a slightly effervescent wine from those grapes and adds mango juice and mango flavor to create a fizzy, fruity beverage that’s ideal for the hot days and nights of August and early September.
  3. Green Fin Grenache Rosé, $4.99
    This selection has a Bright medium reddish amber color and features Lively, fruity, earthy aromas of cherry-berry, dried wild strawberries, dusty oak and lemon zest with a crisp, dry full body and a warming, complex, breezy finish with fruit tannins and no oak.

4. Rebuttel Chardonnay, $7
    tastes like caramel apples and fresh air — basically an apple picking day trip in a bottle.
  5. Albada Viñas Viejas Garnacha, $6.99
    This choice features Raisiny, saucy aromas that are slightly volatile. A wide, saturated palate comes up short on focus and acidity, while a mix of raisin and green-herb flavors lands on a heavy finish.
  6. Incanto Prosecco, $12
    This Prosecco is the perfect choice for anyone who doesn’t want a sweet wine but likes bubbles.
  7. 19 Crimes Red Blend, $7
    if sweeter red wines aren’t your thing, this one probably isn’t your wine. Still, it’s hard not to be impressed by the fantastic marketing, as each label harbors a photo of an actual convicted criminal and each cork is labeled with one of the 19 crimes that could get you sent to prison in Australia.
  8. 2010 Casone Toscana, $10.99 (13%alc)
    This one begins with a pleasant aroma of black cherry, strawberry, spice, some balsamic notes and a little mint.
  9. 2014 Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc Viognier, $9.99 (12.5%)
    This selection has pleasant aromas of grapefruit, melon, and pear, along with honeysuckle and other floral notes.

Sources: traderjoes.com, reversewinesnob.com, images.google.com, lifeatthetop.com