Campus Confusions: Post-Study Abroad

A4_HFSCopening_DanielSmith

As the semester starts off and all Georgetown students are frantically getting back into the swing of things, there is one group of people who are having a tougher time than most.

Yes, you guessed it, the fall study abroad gang are the most frantic of the students this lovely first day of classes.

Between moving into rooms all over campus to brief hellos in front of Healy, the amount of stress and anxiety is ridiculous.

As I am coming back from abroad too, I am suffering from many campus confusions.

1. The Construction. Let’s be real. This is ridiculous and super difficult to get used to. Speaking as a resident of Henle, I can say the situation is a “no bueno.”

2. The Healey Family Student Center. ALL THE BEAUTY. I still don’t understand what it is or what it does, but I already love it. Next question, what is the appropriate name? Heal Fam Stu Cen is my personal favorite, but I don’t want to look like a newbie.

3. New Students. Excuse me, who are all of these people? Do they even go here? And why does everyone look so so young? Have I gotten old? Or are they all just geniuses?

4. The Weather. Literally are we being punk’d? Why is it so incredibly cold? I actually froze walking across campus today. It is colder than Copenhagen.

5. New American slang. My friends and I have realized that we have missed out on some key phrases that have been added to this beautiful language of ours. Excuse me, but what is “on fleek”? Is that like a compliment? So beyond confused.

For all of you who were abroad, you understand my problems. For those of you who were not, please help us out. We are going to need it.

Happy first day of classes, Hoyas.

Photos/Gifs: The Hoya; Tumblr.com