Find Love Here: 4E Date Suggestions

jefferson-memorial-at-cherry-blossom-timeWhat is that? What is that feeling in the air? What is that crisp breeze blowing among the tulips? What is that fluttering in my chest when I walk outdoors? Could it be allergies?

No. The answer, my friends, is love. Love is in the air. In the words of Mark Twain, “It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want — oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!” 

Mark_Twain_by_Abdullah_Frères,_1867
Thanks, Mark.

Here at 4E, we understand that spring fever is in the air, and we love it just as much as we love Beyoncé references and Burnett’s beverages. For that reason, we’d like to take a few moments to help you Hoyas out. We understand that it’s springtime and we know that you’re madly in love. So we’ve compiled this list of nearby spots for you to take your blossoming romances.

Places to Go For a D.C. Springtime Date:

1. The Washington Monument

Yes, the renovations are finally complete! That means that you and your significant other can officially purchase tickets and have a romantic monument date beginning on May 12. What says “I love you” more than hiking up 897 steps in D.C. humidity? That’s right: nothing.

puro22. Puro Cafe Garden

I don’t like giving this one away because Puro Cafe is my favorite Georgetown “secret.” Located at 1529 Wisconsin Ave. NW, this small Mediterranean tapas bar not only has unbelievable service and delicious food, but also features a beautiful outdoor garden. Sangria in the shade with the sweetie? Sounds like a date to me.

3. The Potomac Heritage Trail

The views are unbelievable. The memories are unforgettable. The romance is undeniable. Nothing says the perfect nature date like a hike on the Potomac Heritage Trail. Located just across the Key Bridge, this hiking path is fun and beautiful  just like you and your significant other. (Not looking for such a far walk? Head over to Teddy Roosevelt Island for similar forest fun without the distance!)

4. National Harbor

national_harbor_nightNothing is more romantic than a water taxi ride on the Potomac under the soft, starry skies. For $16, get a roundtrip ticket from the Georgetown Waterfront to National Harbor. While there, take advantage of the delicious food and stunning nightlife. Want to dance the night away with your beau? Head to Pose Ultra Lounge at the Gaylord National Hotel  the view is stunning! And for those of you who aren’t yet 21, be sure to take a ride on the Capital Wheel, coming to the Harbor in May.

5. The Leavey Esplanade

Trying to heat up your love life without burning a hole in your wallet? We get it (and so does Alicia Keys). Walk upstairs onto the Leavey Esplanade for a sweet, cost-effective date. A simple picnic underneath the moonlight is the perfect way to end a busy springtime week. Bonus points: Bring a guitar and serenade your special someone.

Happy dating, Hoyas. May love and luck be on your side.

Photos: tripmgnt.com, wikipedia.com, chesapeakeboating.net, blog.zagat.com