The HFSC Is Here and It’s Beauteous

hfsc hyfr
Damn, guys, damn. Prospective student tours are about to change drastically. The Healey Family Student Center is officially the most beautiful building on campus. And yes, I’m aware of the gravity of that statement.

I didn’t make it to the opening event, even though there was free food. Shocking, I know. I also didn’t make it to the inaugural glow in the dark party on Saturday night, but I heard it was popping. More popping then Club Lau, which was definitely popping.

Almost every person who walks inside the HFSC lets out an audible gasp and an “OMG”. Walking through the doors is like walking into a “Star Wars” movie. Or any movie in space, or the future.

Past the doors, you’re ushered through a huge circular sculpture/sitting area and all of a sudden there’s FIRE! FIRE ALL AROUND! The HFSC’s fire is the most classy fire I have ever seen. It’s so sleek.

Then you’re faced with the mystic beauty that is the Potomac and Rosslyn.

To the right there’s seating and to the left there’s seating. And everything is so clean!

Then, there are those weird vending machines upstairs, near the beautifully lit dance studios with ample supplies of Ocean Mist Bath Bars, and black pantyhose — you know, the essentials.

There are THE most beautiful group study rooms with huge numbers on the doors, so meeting people is super easy.

There are music practice rooms and ivy-covered indoor walls galore, but let’s be honest, the most important room in the house is the bathroom.

The HFSC’s bathrooms smell like vacation bathrooms do. They’re white and airy and the perfect place to find peace when procrastinating in the most desperate way possible. The mirror was absolutely made with mirror selfies in mind. It’s ginormous and so glam. Try to take an unflattering pic in that bathroom. I dare you.

There’s also an outdoor deck, which is still being finished, but it looks beauteous so far. You could bring a date there and it wouldn’t even be that weird. Romantic.

The pub, which is to be called Bulldog Tavern, and Hilltoss aren’t done yet, but they will definitely be super chic too.

All in all, the HSFC is the place to be and if you haven’t gotten over there to explore yet, you must. God Bless the Healey Family and their devotion to creating centers for students.

All we need is a better nickname for the place. Sources says “the Heal” is being circulated around campus and we approve. Let us know if you have any other ideas.

Photo: Josh Gordon/The Hoya