HFSC Poll Results: And The Winner Is …

the healThe votes are finally in and all you Hoyas have selected “The Heal” as the official nickname for the new student center.

But while The Heal was the clear winner, numerous Hoyas offered their own ideas for a nickname:

“I call it ‘High Fructose Corn Syrup.’ The letters are the same as those in HFSC, and there is a lot of controversy over the center – much like corn syrup, no one knows if it’s bad or good for students due to its limited study space, limited hours, but prime hangout location. Also the center is super sweet but without much substance.” –Ashton

“The Holy Fu*cking Sh*t Center. It’ll really take your breath away.” –Connor

“Definitely the Krusty Krab. All of the acronyms begin with H which remind me of David Hasselhoff who once appeared in a Spongebob episode. Spongebob lived in Bikini Bottom and the student center is near the bottom of campus. Plus, it’s right across from Leo’s aka The Chum Bucket.” –Connor

“Brew South. There’s even a pub.” –Casey

“The Family Room. Duh.” –Jared

“The McHealey Pub. Promoting Anglo-Saxon alcoholic stereotypes.” –Ryan

“The New Lau 2: Come get nothing done here instead!” –Sam

“I really am a fan of ‘The Deep South.’ Its cultural implications are weighty and significant, and the use of a cardinal direction in the name will integrate the new building into the community immediately.” –Vice President for Mission and Ministry Fr. Kevin O’Brien, S.J.

While the famous Jesuit’s favorite choice actually finished in second place, we hope he will still grace The Heal with his presence. Well known for his slew of photos with famous people and landmarks including Bill Clinton, Pope Francis and the new cross on top of Healy Hall (old Healy), it would be cool if Father O’Brien added a selfie with this new building to his photo collection.

Happy to be finally christened, “The Heal” looks forward to the openings of Hilltoss and the pub in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out for flashing signs, possible safety hazards and lots and lots of hype as the new nickname is pasted all over campus in the next few days.