InstagraMondays: What a Beautiful Sunset Edition

insta mondaysThey say a picture is worth 1,000 words. Toss a filter and 30 likes on it and it’s worth even more. Take a look at some of our favorite Instagrams from this week and stop back next Monday to see if yours were featured on 4E’s newest weekly feature, InstagraMondays! Also, follow The Hoya on Instagram here.

If you hadn’t noticed by either looking outside or scrolling through your own Instagram feed, there was a pretty spectacular sunset this past Monday evening. So, of course, every Hoya and their uncle snapped a quick photo and put it on their Instagram. You probably thought you were artsy and original, huh? Wrong. We at The Fourth Edition were stalking your every move, compiling your “one-of-a-kind” sunset photos in all their glory. Take a look at just a few of the many, many sunset pictures from yesterday evening:

First, we start off with the standard sunset photo. And we agree sultankhayarin, it is romantic in the fall.

photo 4

Moving on to Exhibit B: Sunset with buildings. Is that Leo’s that we spy in the background?And also, elenarachelsnow, we’re sorry you have to take midterms. But we do have some tips to get through them.

photo 2

Gravissimo got funky with a sunset photo of Dahlgren’s belfry… which caught the attention furniture_assembly_contractors, among others.

photo 4

Not to be outdone, paree_dc snapped a photo of the sunset on M Street. And just to clarify, it was without a filter.

photo 2

Sezenoktem took a similar approach, but also got a moving Circulator bus in the shot.

photo 3

There would be only one way to take it to another level: by snapping a sunset photo of Healy Hall. Jwilljuice, we just can’t get enough either.

photo 3

But there was one sunset photo that took the cake. Theyiranator just took it home with the trifecta: Healy Hall, Sunset and Lau Steps. #Classic – or as theyiranator said herself – “#instagood”.photo 1

Be sure to keep an eye out for any more sunsets, be sure to keep posting those photos and be sure to check out next week’s installment of InstaMondays – only on 4E!