Mr. Georgetown 2013: The Contestants

meet

The Mr. Georgetown Pageant is a staple in homecoming weekend where student groups nominate a male senior leader to represent them in a battle for the crown. The event is hosted by the Georgetown Program Board and will take place this upcoming Friday, September 27 at 7 p.m. in Gaston Hall, but we’d like to introduce you to your 2013 Mr. Georgetown contestants (in alphabetical order of last name)! Vote for your favorite at the bottom in the poll!

jc

What are you most looking forward to about the pageant?

Honestly, having fun. I think it’s been a lot of fun so far, practicing with the guys. I don’t know, I thought it might be the worst experience of my life but so far it’s turned out to be one of the best experiences at Georgetown. To me, if I win, cool, but so far its really about having fun, entertaining the audience and having fun.

If you could switch places with someone (alive or dead, real or fictional, famous or not famous) for a full week, who would it be and why?

Arnold Schwarzenegger when he was a body builder circa 1970 or 1975 when he won six straight Mr. Olympia titles. I’m really into body building so that’d why I’d want to be him, because he’s awesome.

Chris B

I’m looking forward to embarrassing myself in front of many people with multiple pictures being taken.

Would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or fifty duck-sized horses?

I feel like fifty duck-sized horses because I feel like one huge duck would just bite or peck me and would fly and just take me out. These little horses, I could just kick.

NeilWhat are you most looking forward to about the pageant?

You know, I’m not going to lie: I’ve been really enjoying these dance rehearsals. So I’m just looking forward to the opportunity to dance in front of a bunch of people and totally get laughed at and it’s going to be fun!

If you had a one-way time machine, which era would you choose to live in?

Can I say the future? Is that an era? I’m going to go with the future in the hopes that the cellphone reception is better there.

Cody

The formal wear section … because it seems like the easiest.

What is your spirit animal?

Is Cookie Monster an animal? Yeah, Cookie Monster. I just absolutely love cookies.

EvanWhat are you most looking forward to about the pageant?

I would say the dance, but I don’t know about that. I’m sort of looking forward to the dance and terrified about the dance at the same time. I’m also very much looking forward to doing my talent I guess, but mostly I’m just looking forward to the whole experience. I’ve gone two out of the past three years and seen the upperclassmen who I’ve looked up to and now it’s my turn, so really I’m just looking forward to the experience of it and being up there to represent my group.

What would be your theme song?

I’m going to kind of interpret this as the one song I could wake up to every single morning and it’ll make me feel warm and fuzzy inside and that’s “Good Life” — OneRepublic. I will admit that my experiences in London a few summers ago may have mirrored some of the lyrics to that song. I try to always be excited about life, and it’s hard to be in a bad mood after listening to that song.

Chris G

The dance. It’s gonna get real. If you want to see the most awkward things in the universe, go to one of the rehearsals that we have. We’ve done a lot of rehearsals, there are maybe eight hours built into our schedules and it’s pretty intense because it’s Groove Theory-level dancing given to all of us awkward guys who probably can’t coordinate body movements at all. So …there’s that.

What is your guilty pleasure movie?

It’s not that guilty, because I don’t feel guilty about it at all but other people might. “Mean Girls.” I can quote it maybe start to finish. It’s a pretty standard guilty pleasure movie. Also “Bridesmaids.” I could go through a day probably speaking in quotes.

Alex

I think what I’m most looking forward to is getting to know all of the other student leaders around campus that I might not have interacted with yet and, you know, maybe bust a move with them in the opening number.

If an actor/actress played you in a movie, who would it be and why?

I think it would be Sandra Bullock, because she earned an Oscar, even though she didn’t really deserve it. So, I hope to win Mr. Georgetown, even though I don’t really deserve it.

Tim

I’m most looking forward to the talent part — if I make it to the talent part that is. But I’m really excited to do that.

What house would the sorting hat put you into, and why?

Although it might get a bad rap, I would probably be in Slytherin. I spent the summer here as part of a research group at Georgetown, and during the Fourth of July, someone in the group said that she thought I looked like a snake, so after Snapchatting a picture of me as a snake to everyone else in the research group and later hacking my Facebook writing “Hisssss” on everybody’s wall, the whole snake thing kinda stuck, so I guess it fits.

LaMar

Just doing it, honestly. Practice is always fun, all 15 of us just there goofing off so I feel like it’s going to be the same this Saturday.

If someone gave you $1,000 and you had to use it within the next hour, what would you do with it?

Honestly, I’d probably just give it to my mom just because she’s just given me so much, especially this summer. So I’d just want to pay her back.

Sean

I don’t think ESCAPE has had a representative before, so that’ll be cool that we’re out there for the first time. And I was kind of talked into it by all of the leaders who work with me so they’re all really excited to go and support me and hopefully that’ll also generate more visibility for ESCAPE and get more people to go. So I guess I’m excited about that aspect, to just kind of be out there for ESCAPE and increasing its name and awareness about it on campus.

If you had to be handcuffed to someone (alive or dead, real or fictional, famous or not famous) for 48 hours, who would you choose and why?

I’m gonna say Yoda, absorb some wisdom. But he is kind of short … But we’d probably do what he does with Luke, kind of learn some basics of the force … maybe some physical conditioning.

Kamil

I was just really looking forward to meeting all the other brave contestants who are willing to bare it all on stage in front of hundreds of other Georgetown students. It’s been great meeting all the guys and getting to know each other. It’s a fun experience!

What is are your desert island movie and book?

“Forrest Gump” because that movie always cheers me up, as many times as I watch it. It always puts a smile on my face and brings me to tears sometimes as well! And “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” that’s got to be my favorite one in the series. I could re-read it over and over.

NehemiaWhat are you most looking forward to about the pageant?

Making new friends and spreading love on people.

If you could only be one age for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

70+, but only if I could still have sex.

Patrick

Probably the dance with all the other guys, just because we’ve spent a lot of time rehearsing it, and I’ve gotten to know them pretty well and they’re all a lot of fun. So it’ll be fun to something with them as opposed to competing against them.

If you could eat only one food for a full year, what would it be?

Burger Madness, I swear I don’t get sick of those things.

Philip

Shakin’ my thang.

If someone was writing a biography about you, what would the title be?

“Climbing Healy Tower.” I got really involved in climbing through Outdoor Ed here, and so I was just thinking it had to be something with climbing which is something people know me by. And then at Georgetown, people look to the climbers as the ones who are going to take the clock hands.

Jason

Definitely the group dance, it’s just going to be really fun!

What is one thing you wish you could warn your freshman self about?

Sharing shot glasses with people may give you mono.

Photos: Tyler Deloach/Georgetown Program Board

[cardoza_wp_poll id=21]