OWN IT Speaker Profiles: Carly A. Heitlinger

OWN IT Speaker Profiles

After last year’s overwhelming success, the OWN IT Summit is back! As The Hoya is the campus media partner, 4E will be periodically bringing you profiles of the illustrious speakers. Today, 4E is proud to profile Georgetown alumna and founder of the College Prepster, Carly A. Heitlinger!

3932ac182d740b10e40960904809b4c7

Carly grew up in Tampa, Florida. She describes herself as a “quirky, Type A, workaholic”; a personality any Georgetown student can relate with.

The-steps-of-the-met-260x260

Carly attended Georgetown University where she majored in marketing in the MSB. She started blogging during her freshman year.

collegeprepster_1337434486

Interesting fact: she was on the men’s heavyweight rowing team during this time!

images

In 2010, during her sophomore year, Carly wrote and published her first book, “The Freshman 50”. This book is one part memoir and one part survival guide. In the book, Carly explains that 50 things she wished she knew before going to college.

2940011870262_p0_v1_s260x420

Since she graduated from Georgetown in 2012, she moved to New York City with her dog, Teddy!

carly2

By the way, Teddy is on Instagram and is incredibly adorable. Follow @theodorefitzpatrick for all the cute doggy pics!

Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 1.06.02 PM

Since then, she has basically taken over social media with her extremely popular blog, her hilarious Twitter, her envy worthy Instagram (shoot me a follow, please!) and her informative Youtube channel!

Her blog, The College Prepster, is an entertaining blog that chronicles her day-to-day activities, her fashion advice, her various types of recommendations and much more! If you haven’t checked it out, you should. It is one of my favorite bookmarks on my computer!

Spring Outfit

So if you’ve got tickets for the OWN IT summit on Saturday, Mar. 28, get ready to chill with Carly and learn more about creating your own brand as a Georgetown student! While the sign-ups for speaker sessions might be over, you can still get a chance to meet her at the event. Get excited!

Photos: barnesandnoble.com; twitter.com; thestyleline.com; staree.com; ginandlinen.com; peoplecheck.de; instagram.com

Info: thecollegeprepster.com