Seniors Speak: Gender

womens-history-month

Happy Women’s History month! March is a time to honor women, their accomplishments and to discuss the future for this gender.

tumblr_my6hmcExqt1r73p5do1_500

To celebrate this, Georgetown is hosting a “seniors speak” event to discuss black feminism in white culture, maternal mental health, student advocacy and various other issues.

The talks will be occurring tonight, March 16 and next Monday, March 24 from 7:00-8:30 pm in Maguire 102 (Maguire 101 on the 24).

Tonight, speakers include seniors Nernwon Kargou, Lydia Brown, Julia Hubbell and Nora West.

These seniors will be discussing how they have encountered issues of gender and identity during their time on the Hilltop. What a great way to foster the Georgetown community while promoting women positivity!

This event is closely related to the Women’s Center, an organization on Georgetown’s campus that works to “support, educate and empower women of all cultures, races, sexual orientations, genders and ages providing a safe environment while respecting all facets of women’s abilities, spirituality and differences”. They put on a variety of events throughout the year dealing with these issues.

If you are interested, please visit the Facebook event and be sure to stop by either event.

Photos/Gifs: tumblr.com; https://miami.happeningmag.com/