Things You Would Never See On Campus

sprang

As spring approaches and the weather gets better, people are starting to leave their 100 foot radius and re-enter Georgetown society. Old friends start to re-emerge and campus actually becomes energetic.

To prepare you for this time of year, here are some things you will never see on campus. Because you need to get yourself ready to be disappointed.

1. Girls carrying iced coffees (especially not Starbucks iced coffee). Caffeine would never be found on a college campus, especially not in a cold, easy to consume form! I don’t think I have ever even seen an “iced coffee”, do they even exist?

giphy

2. A line at Corp locations, especially Midnight Mug or UG. I am a frequent visitor of the Leavey Center and in my 3 years I have never waited for more than two minutes at a Corp location. So as you emerge from your winter cocoon be sure to head to these places ASAP!

q5ldHmM

3. People dressed incredibly inappropriate for the weather. Hoyas understand temperature and would never wear shorts in 50 degree weather. Due to this, it is rare that Hoyas even get sick, especially during this time of year.

explain-wisconsin-15

4. Frisbee being played on the front lawn. Sports? What is that? Wouldn’t it be dangerous for people to walk across the lawn if they were in danger of being pelted by flying sports equipment. This is even ridiculous to say. What are you going to say next, that we even have a team dedicated to frisbee?

frisbee

5. Stressed out students complaining in very public places. Georgetown students are the opposite of stressed and dramatic! I seldom see people skipping around campus, especially before Econ midterms and language exams. If we all were accepted here, why do we need to try?

6356272906717431361124610925_stress

Welcome to spring on the most unrealistic campus on the planet!

Photos/Gifs: tumblr.com; imgur.com; giphy.com; s3.amazonaws.com; somosnapa.org; theodysseyonline.com