A Brief Guide to “Romantic” Movies

couple-at-the-moviesIt’s mid-February. There’s snow on the ground and the smell of random Leo’s desserts are in the air. You know what that means ­— it’s Valentine’s Day!

Of course, we here at 4E have been churning out the Valentine’s-related articles recently, but you know who else is stepping up their V-Day game? Hollywood. Yes, the film industry celebrates Feb. 14, too, and lovebirds all over the country will be flocking to theaters to watch a movie with their significant others. We’ve taken the time to preview a couple of romantic movies currently in theaters. Warning: For some reason, they are insane.

Labor Day

Intense staring = love.

“A story of love, passion and betrayal as seen through the eyes of a teenage boy and the man he later becomes.” You literally cannot go wrong with that tagline. Judging by the trailer, there’s a lot of baking, some suspicious policeman and Josh Brolin’s eyebrows … Romance.

Winter’s Tale

Killing it with these taglines, Hollywood!

Starring Colin Farrell, this movie has it all: Irish gangsters, a mysterious horse and tuberculosis.

Endless Love

okay, PEACE INNOCENCE!
Okay, PEACE OUT INNOCENCE!

If you haven’t heard of this movie, drop everything and watch the trailer right now.

I know what you’re thinking: “Is this a thriller? No, it’s definitely a romance. And there’s some kind of tension. It’s kind of dark, but they’re in love. What is happening?

Endless Love follows the story of a “sheltered but privileged teen” and a “working-class youth with a troubled past.” In other words, we don’t know what’s happening, but we think it will be box office gold.

If, for some weird reason, none of the above are appealing to you, never fear: Netflix exists, and it has plenty of great movies to watch with a date/your friends/yourself. Happy viewing, Hoyas!

Photos: highsnobiety.com, wikimedia.org, Gifs: tumblr.com, fanpop.com