A Eulogy For Our Fallen Comrade, Qdoba

EulogyEarlier today, The Hoya reported that the Qdoba on M Street and 33rd Street NW has closed permanently. 4E has put together these words in its memory:

We have gathered here today to mourn the loss of one of Hoyas’ favorite Tuesday (formerly Monday) night restaurants. Qdoba was the place to be every Tuesday night for cheap, not-quite-Chipotle-quality Mexican food. But alas, it couldn’t survive by selling mass amounts of burritos to us for $4 once a day every week, and so it has left us.

We would not be where we are today without Qdoba and its long-term commitment to provide Hoyas with cheap food. And for that, we thank you. We will continue to celebrate your life on M Street. For your death is not really an end, but a beginning – specifically, the beginning of Chipotle’s burrito monopoly. In your wake, we are only left with Chipotle to satisfy our hunger. Eating there and only there will be an adjustment that we will have to make. In the end though, we will persevere, and we will do it with the grace and dignity that you always had until your untimely passing.

Farewell, Qdoba. Gone, but not forgotten.

Photo: dcoutlook.com, klipd.com