Best Bets: Hot Spots for Hoyas

by Erin Collins

Now that we’re all settled back into school and have made it through an almost full week, there’s no excuse for not going out this weekend.

Head to the Verizon Center to support the Hoyas as they take on the Scarlet Knights this Saturday.  Tip off is at noon! So wear your blue and gray, and get ready to be as loud as possible. Let’s help the Hoyas bring home a win, and give all the students something to celebrate Saturday night. We are…GEORGETOWN!

Looking to get out of DC Saturday night for some guaranteed good live music? Head to Avalon Theater in Easton, Maryland to see the up and coming singer-songwriter Alec Gaston in a showcase performance . His sound is a combo of classical, rock and pop, so all music fans are sure to enjoy. The show starts at 8 PM and tickets are $15. Bring your friends and support a fellow Hoya, Ian Gaston’s younger brother! https://tickets.avalontheatre.com/

For fans of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo novel, you’re in luck! DC’s own Lincoln Theater (1215 U St.) is airing the new film based on the book.  The ambiance of this old theater is perfect for viewing this haunting thriller! Show times are 1 PM, 4 PM and 7:30 PM on weekdays, with an extra show time Friday and Saturday nights at 11 PM. Tickets are $10.25.
https://www.thelincolntheatre.org/events.cfm?eventID=110

Are you newly 21? Head to Dixie Liquor (3429 M St.) with your IDs for a Gin Tasting this Saturday. Go anytime from 5 until 8 pm, and you can sample some classy Bombay Sapphire Gin. If all goes well, half-pint bottles are only $5.99. You’ll be set for the night!