Best Bets: Loud Noises

Exhausted after only the first full week of school? Time to rally because there are some awesome events to take advantage of this weekend! While the seniors are busy with Dis-Orientation, there’s plenty going on for the rest of campus. Whether you’re a basketball fanatic, a movie aficionado, or a lover of the arts, there’s something for everyone.

Friday:
Are you super eager for basketball season to start? Get your fix and go see the Washington Mystics, D.C.’s WNBA team, face off against the Atlanta Dream. The game starts at 7:00 p.m. at the Verizon Center so make sure to go out and support our home team! You’ll need to start warming up your voice for Hoyas basketball.

Saturday:
Want a chill Saturday night after a stressful week of school? Enjoy a movie under the moonlight at Lincoln Park this Saturday at 8:45pm. At this, “Movie by Moonlight,” the selected movie is Madagascar. Everyone is encouraged to bring snacks, lawn chairs and blankets. Sadly, adult beverages and grills are prohibited.

Sunday:
You miss the Olympics. It’s okay, we all do. If you need to fill the void left by the end of Olympic gymnastics, check out Cirque du Soleil TOTEM at The Plateau at the National Harbor. This unique show features incredible acrobatics and feats of strength. While Gabby Douglass won’t be there, it’s still sure to be an awesome show. There are shows at 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. The best way to get there is to take the Metro to the Branch Avenue station, and then to take the bus directly to the National Harbor.

Photo: Cirque de Soleil