Best Bets: Poets and Pauly D

The student body will soon disperse as everyone heads to his or her tropical destination for Spring Break, but it’s the last weekend at Georgetown, which means you have to make it count. This week’s Best Bets has got you covered.

FRIDAY

Want to help a great cause and also have a ton of fun? Check out the “Louder Than a Bomb” Fundraiser Party at the Dunes (1402 Meridian Pl. NW) this Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The event is 18+ and a $10 donation is encouraged to fund the first-ever Louder than A Bomb High School Poetry Slam Festival in D.C. in June 2012. There will be live performances by some fantastic D.C. youth poets and clips will be shown from the documentary “Louder Than a Bomb,” a film based on the world’s largest teen poetry slam. It is recommended to purchase a ticket prior to the show since space is limited.

SATURDAY

This Saturday, DJ Pauly D, a cast member of the highly entertaining MTV reality show, “The Jersey Shore,” will be performing at Fur Nightclub (33 Patterson St. NE). Doors open at 10 p.m., and anyone older than 18 can attend. This crazy character is sure to guarantee a great time full of some house music, top 40, hip-hop, mash up and more! The opening set is Evan Baker and Tony Atkinson.

SUNDAY

DC Fashion Week is coming to a close, so a great way to end your own weekend would be to attend the International Couture Collections event at the French Embassy (4101 Reservoir Rd. NW) from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. At this finale event, international designers will present their collections. The fashion show starts at 6 p.m., and a ticket is required to attend. A general admission ticket costs $70 — pricy, but well worth it to see some truly extraordinary fashion.