Cheap Halloween Eats at Chipotle and Saxbys

Halloween Cheap Eats

Did you know that Halloween’s tomorrow? That’s right, T-1 day until one of the greatest days of the year, and restaurants everywhere are upping their promotion game.

First up is Chipotle, a little-known Mexican restaurant that’s looking to expand beyond its current M Street location — oh, who am I kidding? Beloved by hungry college kids everywhere, Chipotle is bringing back Boorito, a special promotion that gets you a THREE-DOLLAR BURRITO if you come in with a costume on Halloween from 5 p.m. to close (10 p.m.). That’s right. A glorious Chipotle burrito for $3. Let that sink in, much like your teeth will sink into a delicious burrito if you wear a costume and walk into your neighborhood Chipotle. Of course, if burritos aren’t your thing, you can get a burrito bowl (my personal favorite), an order of tacos or a salad for the same low price of $3. As if this wasn’t amazing enough, proceeds from Boorito up to $1 million will go to the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation, which aims to create a “more sustainable and healthful food supply.” What’s not to love?

Social media sidenote: Chipotle is also offering a costume contest for its customers, so if you tweet or Instagram a photo of yourself at a Chipotle (in costume) with the hashtag #ChipotleBooritoContest, you could win up to $2,500 for the most creative costume, best group costume or scariest costume.

Another local chain offering deliciousness on Halloween is Saxbys. If you pop into Saxbys on Halloween from noon to 7 p.m., you get a free small pumpkin spice latte (#PSL). You don’t even have to wear a costume — although it’s encouraged.

So if you feel like getting some yummy coffee or a filling burrito (nothing says carbo-loading like a warm tortilla, am I right?), head over to Saxbys and Chipotle tomorrow and get your almost-free Halloween treats!

Photos: urbancdn.com