Free Ben&Jerry’s: How To Do It Right

free ben and jerry's day

Tomorrow is the day we have all been waiting for: 3135 M Street will be dishing out free happiness! (Read as: Ben and Jerry’s FREE ICE CREAM DAY).

In all your excitement you just might lose your head and spring there right when you wake up, still in your pajamas, without your contacts on, and realize you forgot your GOCard and key. Well 4E is here to help you prepare for the big day.

1. Pick a time slot Gather your closest ice-cream-loving friends and work out when your schedules will accommodate this excursion. You’ll want to budget at least two hours to get there and back as well as wait in line! Try not to go right before that intensive language class you’ve already missed four times, but it really does depend on the time of the day! If you want to get REALLY fancy, you can make a Doodle.

2. Weather Check out the weather so you can dress accordingly, you may be outside in line for a little while! The weather tomorrow should be mid to high 70s, partly cloudy! Perfect ice cream weather.

3. Do your research You don’t want to get to the front of the line and spend more than twenty seconds ordering, the people behind you will get restless and might throw you out. Be sure to know what flavor you want before you reach the counter

4. Be adventurous Try to get something you can’t get here on campus at Snaxa or Vittles. It’s not every day you make the time to trek over to Ben & Jerry’s, so try something interesting!

Here are some flavors to consider trying if you haven’t already!

Phish Food

My personal favorite! Chocolate Ice Cream with Gooey Marshmallow Swirls, Caramel Swirls & Fudge Fish

Chocolate Peppermint Crunch

One of the newer flavors. Perfect for any mint chocolate chip lover, with a new twist: Chocolate Ice Cream with Peppermint and Fudge Swirls and Mint Chocolate Cookie Balls.

Everything But The…

If you’re going to get free B&Js, you should get the biggest bang for your buck! A Collision of Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Creams mixed with Peanut Butter Cups, HEATH® Bar Chunks, White Chocolatey Chunks, & Fudge-Covered Almonds

Late Night Snack

This flavor has always intrigued me, I hope one of my friends gets it so I can try it…maybe you can be that person? Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with a Salty Caramel Swirl & Fudge Covered Potato Chip Clusters.

Coffee Caramel Buzz

This is DEFINITELY what I’m getting. Coffee Malt Ice Cream with Whiskey Caramel Swirls & English Toffee Pieces.

GODSPEED, AND SEE YOU THERE!