Georgetown Chipotle to Stop Free Drink Promotion

No more free drinksOnly three days after Chipotle founder and CEO Steve Ells delivered a lecture (which we live tweeted) on the Hilltop, tragedy has struck: The Chipotle restaurant located at 3255 M Street will no longer offer free drinks to Georgetown students.

The popular burrito spot is currently running a promotion in which Georgetown students do not have to pay for drinks, as long they present a valid university ID when paying for their meals. However, store manager Cisse Conde confirmed to 4E that the promotion will end on April 1, and soon, Hoyas will have to pay for their own beverages at the M Street location.

“We received an email this morning from our marketing strategies [department], saying that the drink promotion is culminating at the end of the month. It was not meant to go forever,” Conde said.

Here at 4E, we aren’t ones to wallow in such sadness. There are only nine days left until Chipotle’s free drink promotion ends, so until then, you’ll find us down at the M Street eatery, guzzling down as many free beverages as humanly possible.

Photo: bevwearsprada.deviantart.com