GTFO: Pumpkin Patch

GTFOHave midterms been bring you down recently? If so, you’re not alone. If you need something to look forward to in order to get you through the next few weeks, just remember Halloween is right around the corner! And, Halloween means FUN FALL THINGS.

fall

If you’re looking to “Get The Frick Off campus”, what better than a haunted hay ride and corn maze to get you in the spirit. Cox Farms in Virginia is in the middle of their Fields of Fear. It runs every Friday and Saturday night through November 1. It’s not too late. Check out all the details here.

You might be wondering, what does fields of fear entail exactly? Just how scary is it really? Luckily for you all, I’m a senior who likes to GTFO, so let me tell you all about it.

PART 1: The haunted corn maze

Corn mazes are really fun, but they’re even better when paid actors in costume are chasing you right? In the haunted corn maze you can expect monsters, zombies, axe murders and creepy dolls all over the place. What’s not to love?

scary

PART 2: The zombie hayride

In this part of fields of fear you get to pile into a tracker and go on a nice ride around the field. It starts off as a lovely bonding experience for you and your fields, but then quickly takes a turn for the scary when zombies escape from their cages and start chasing you. They even reach into the tracker and grab you.

zombie
Booo!

PART 3: The Woods

If you thought the last two sounded scary, prepare yourself for the haunted woods. It is pitch black and there are a lot of people in bear suits. The entire experience ends with men chasing you with chain saws, yes they will run after you.

After experiences all three terrifying attractions at fields of fear, you can relax, buy some apple cider donuts and some hot cider and sit around the fire pit. There is even a dance floor if you feel the need to boogie. Don’t forget to buy some pumpkins on the way out!

There will be fall, there will be friends and there will be fun: Happy GTFO

fun

Photos: giphy.com, Sydney Bolling/The Hoya