New Puppets at the Smithsonian with No Strings Attached

muppets

Are you looking to break the “Georgetown Bubble” for something a bit more furry and loveable? Do you maybe want to spend your weekends reliving your childhood rather than procrastinating work you know you won’t get done until Sunday night? Then, look no further than the new collection of famous puppets at Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History!

In honor of Jim Henson’s 77th birthday, several of his creations have been welcomed to the Smithsonian. Calling it an “extraordinary honor,” the Jim Henson Foundation is proud to donate over a dozen of his iconic puppets, including Miss Piggy, Elmo, Bert and Ernie. Cheryl Henson, the second child of Jim and Jane Henson and president of the foundation in her father’s honor, said earlier today, “We don’t want them to stay in boxes. We want people to see them and to appreciate them. They have a history, they have a life.”

Mark your calendars to plan a visit to this amazing display if you’re looking for a refreshing break from the hustle and bustle of Hoya life. This article brought to you by the number 4 and the letter E!