Rent the Runway Is Coming!

renttherunwayLadies of Georgetown, get ready for a game changer. There is no reason to starve yourself into that mistake of a prom dress just so you can go to Georgetown’s next formal event.

Rent the Runway is set to open a shop in Georgetown, in Cady’s Alley right off of M Street in November. If you don’t know, now you know that Rent the Runway is a website that rents out designer dresses, jumpsuits, jackets, and accessories for super reduced prices. Now they’re opening up stores so you can try on the pieces before committing to anything. As a girl who’s had an account for a few years and racked up a total of 195 “likes” or “hearts” but has never actually rented anything, I could really use the assurance of knowing that I’ll love my first rental.

The store will allow both appointments and walk-ins. An appointment, which costs $25, provides the help of a stylist. But … you’re a Hoya, so you should really be your own stylist, or just bring your fashionable friend.

Just to give you a flavor of the options available to you here are some dresses you could rent for these Hoya Holidays:

Corp Gala

I had serious FOMO this night. The ladies were looking fabo and the fellas were looking fine. The venue is always AMAZING too.

National Bologna Day, October 24

The soonest and most important of the upcoming Hoya holidays. Celebrate it by emulating your favorite sandwich meat.

bologna

Halloween

Look you’re a garden! Or a fairy princess! You’re the most ethereal girl in brown house!

garden
But if you must be a sexy kitten, then you’ve got options too. Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 3.23.44 PM

That NHS formal/club sports formal thing you’re bound to go to

You WILL end up going to one.

formal

Dip ball

Impress diplomats and the like with your color-blocking abilities. “No I don’t know anything about…”

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 3.27.07 PM

Foxfields

Who’s the foxiest lady in the field? And where are all the horses?

foxfield

The cheapest dresses offered online are $40. Create a free account and browse away. When the store opens, you may want to try to reserve a dress a few weeks before any major Georgetown holiday (Bologna Day for sure) because I assume a lot of lady Hoyas will be eyeing the same dress as you.

H/T Washington Post, Washington Business Journal

Photo: rentherunway.com