The Georgetown Guide to Champagne Brunching

champagne brunching

There are a lot of things that make Georgetown a unique place to go to school. We have a very distinct culture and one of the special quirks that adds to that culture is our affinity for brunch. Champagne brunch to be more specific. Endless champagne brunch to be even more specific.

Thankfully, 4E is here to give you a guide to the best brunches; brunches boasting better breakfasts and bountiful bubbly! But first, here are some things to keep in mind for responsible brunching.

General Tips

1. Make a reservation at least 3 days in advance; Saturdays and Sundays get crowded at any brunch place, so be sure to call ahead of time!

2. Be sure to check the tipping policy of the place you go to. You’ll likely be brunching in a larger group. Most places charge 20% gratuity as a flat rate for groups over 6.

3. Use brunch as an excuse to look nice. If you’re going to take part in a classy tradition, better look the part. It’s kind of fun!

4. Don’t get too eager. There’s nothing quite like a mid-day hangover from sugary orange juice and overly-carbonated champagne. It’s not very pleasant.

5. Check out LivingSocial for deals! Sometimes you can find some good bargains on great places that are usually more expensive.

6. Pick a good place! 4E has a few suggestions for you below (bottomless brunch only):

Chadwick’s (Chaddy’s)

Neighborhood K Street: 3205 K St NW, Washington, DC 20007

Price Range for Bottomless Brunch $22-$26 (without tax and tip)

Pros It’s an easy walk from campus and it’s a Georgetown staple

Cons The food isn’t as good as other places for brunch and you definitely need a reservation in advance, due to it’s popularity.

Southern Hospitality Brunch (SoHo) 

Neighborhood Adams Morgan (SoHo in AdMo!): 1815 Adams Mill Rd, Washington, DC 20009

Price Range for Bottomless Brunch $25-$35 (without tax and tip)

Pros The food is absolutely delicious, featuring southern comfort food: savory Mac&Cheese, Fried Chicken Benedict, Jambalaya and many other well-made dishes.

Cons It’s a little bit expensive. Bottomless mimosas are $14 and then most entrees are $12-$20, so you have to pick your battles.

Scion Brunch

Neighborhood Dupont Circle: 2100 P St NW, Washington, DC 20037

Price Range for Bottomless Brunch $22-$30 (without tax and tip)

Pros Their drink menu looks delicious: Ginger Mango Mimosa, Poinsettias, Beermosas and many more options await you! There’s also a fresh fruit buffet!

Cons The food options are good (certainly better than some places like Sign of the Whale) but are nothing to rave about. The $13 bottomless mimosas can do the trick though with a $7 entree.

Wonderland Ballroom Brunch

Neighborhood Columbia Heights: 1101 Kenyon St NW, Washington, DC 20010

Cost $14-$22 (without tax and tip)

Pros Best bang for your buck! Almost none of the entrees exceeds $10 and endless mimosas are $11

Cons Columbia Heights is a metro ride away, which is difficult on weekends due to the lack of GUTS busses. But hey, the weather’s getting better! A walk across the bridge will build up your appetite.

Be responsible and stay classy!