Friday Fixat10ns #1

4E’s Friday Fixat10ns #1 from thehoya on 8tracks.

Every Friday, 4E will post a playlist of 10 songs that have fixated us for the past week. Those fixat10ns will be posted on 4E both as a testament to the end of the week, but also in preparation for the weekend to come. This week, we have understandably been fixated to the construction and beginning of the blog.

So, in this first edition of Fixat10ns, 4E celebrates our inaugurat10n day with 10 songs celebrating the beginning. The initiat10n. The introduct10n. The commencement of a new tradit10n in the Georgetown blogoshpere.

Here are our Fixat10ns for the week:

Initiation — The Weeknd: Any The Weeknd song is fitting to this post. Both because of his name (reflective of the impending weekend), and because he is near the beginning of a promising music career. Kind of like 4E.

Here Comes the Sun — The Beatles: The sun is coming. In the form of 4E.

First Day of My Life — Bright Eyes: This is the first day of your life. You’d swear you were blind before you read 4E.

My First Kiss (feat. Ke$ha) — 3OH!3: What can I say? This song tells the story of the beginning of a great romance.

Good Morning (Intro) — Kanye West: Can’t you just picture this song playing at the beginning of an awesome day?

Ready to Start — Arcade Fire: These Canadians’ scintillating melodies really can inspire anyone to be ready to start.

The Night Starts Here — Stars: Starts off slow, crescendos into a chill nighttime anthem.

Starts With One — Shiny Toy Guns: What a great song to listen while writing this first edition of the Fixat10ns.

Be the One — Jack Peñate: I may or may not sing this song constantly.

2012 (It Ain’t the End) (feat. Nicki Minaj) — Jay Sean: I couldn’t resist including this cheesy 2010 party rocker. 2012 indeed is not the end. It’s the beginning. Of 4E.